Friday, April 1, 2011

even my ear hairs hurt!

Oh hello.. self.
A new favorite thing to do (for the girls).. talk to "self". they get a huge, huge kick out of it..

This has been a crazy, crazy week.  After working with anywhere from one to six children at any given time (ages 4months to 6years old).. 60hrs this week.. alone.. I think its safe to say I enjoy my job- but this week my bank account loved it more.  It was one of those weeks where going the extra mile, didn't cut it- the girls were a little sick, definitely tired.. maybe growth spurting, who knows.  All i know is double trouble is but just one way to describe them.  Luckily, they are stinkin' cute & make me laugh so hard I almost pee my pants.

Today, one of the fun 'distraction' things we did was "Would you rather" game...  here are a few examples of things my little friends asked-

"would you rather.. sit in the rain, with underwear on your head.. or drive with slimy frogs filled up in your car.. to the MOUNTAINS!?" (meaning far away)

"Would you rather- live in a house of dog poo, or EAT dog poo one time?"

"would you rather eat marshmallows in ketchup, or sweet potatoes in chocolate"

Pretty solid, right?  There were many, many of these type questions- but these are the only ones I could remember.  Pretty fun.

Other great things from today-
One of M's knock knock jokes (I had never heard- maybe you have?)

M- Knock knock
             A -who's there?
m- Will
              a -Will who?
m- Will!
             a -Will who?
m- Will!!
             a -WILLLL WHO??
m- Willlll you pleeasee stop shouting, geez!


OH- something I have never been asked- -  "do you like being naked?" was a topic of conversation at lunch today.  I said, hmm- in private, yes sometimes.  They said "we like to be naked.  Try doing the booty dance naked!  It is so funny- it makes it more fun!"  You know I have to do that next time I get out of the shower now.... you will, too.  Don't lie.

I wish I could remember all the great, funny, amazing things from today- God knows after this week.. I NEED to remember the good times.  If I think of anything else, I will post it (mostly for SELF, ha..)
Anyway- Happy Friday!

A few pictures to close out the post:

from left to right- "leader girl with pom-poms, an Indian that says nothing, Captain Jack Sparrow ARG! and Monster guy on a bike!"= the chant created to go along w. the marching, of course!


our "Parade" one day- [[phewf, only four kids this day..HA]]

 
I wish I got a 'before' picture.  This picture is after clean up..

You know the stories when you turn your back for one second, then suddenly find your child either running around the house with a full roll of unrolled toilet paper... or covered head to toe in flour?  This was similar, but smelly & not-so-great for the pride.  Both girls came to me, heads hung low, saying "Haley.. I think we stink at this" after having snuck off, one at a time, to take a whack at painting their own nails.  Pink and peach finger prints, smudge marks and wet dot drips coovveerrredd each hand.  It did smell- though, they did not 'stink' at it.  I was pretty impressed w. how well they could paint their weak hand.. shoot, I am in my 20's and have a hard time painting my right hand Still! 

Ah, yes.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment