Saturday, April 9, 2011

4/8/11

turns out the girls thought my GPS, also known as Mandy, was a real person giving us directions.  Molly claims Mandy got us lost last week because she must have been asleep or listening to her Ipod and just didn't know what was happening..

M: she must have been sleeping when we went over that bridge, and that's why we got lost!  Or maybe she was listening to her Ipod- she didn't know what was even happening

I tried to explain that Mandy was just a voice/ computer... though I really did not want to ruin this image she had going.  Instead of grasping what I was explaining, she took back to her idea and said..

M: I think we should give her another try!
me: M, I think I need to update her- the roads around here have changed.
M: so what does that mean?
me: well, I will need to hook her up to my computer and let some new information be put into the GPS- so if there are any more new routes or roads, we wont get lost again.
M: I reallllllllly much think she was just sleeping.  Lets try her again..
(side note- the girls say "really much" when they want to put emphasis on something- its too cute to correct.)

Another great conversation we had:

While visiting their Mom @ UW- we got into a discussion about Mascots; what they are, who has them, why- and so on.  'A' decided her mascot would HAVE to be "A spider man- but not THE Spiderman".  'M' said hers would be "Man on a motorcycle"- They then decided mine would be a mountain man, I believe because they know I love mountain views so much?  I mean.. I cannot remember ever telling them that rugged-dark and handsome-mountain-men, are totally my type? Hmm, yeah.. I just don't think that is a conversation that would have come up.

I will now leave you with a random picture of one of the 1200 children I watch during the week-

Little 'B'- we are best friends... now :)

Or is this TOBY?! Sarah's little brother from the Labyrinth!
you remind me of the babe- 
what babe? 
The babe with the power.




(nerd alert)

No comments:

Post a Comment