Thursday, August 11, 2011

I cant help but laugh..

I often find myself wondering if I really should be working with children; some of the things they say.. my mind wanders to another place, ahem and not the most PG of places.

A few examples of the side splitting [for me] stuff I hear on a daily basis:

Babysitting for a favorite family of mine here in Seattle, my little buddy "P" was driving a dump truck with blocks in it all around the floor.  He asked me to pose as a bridge.. as I climb into position on all fours, acting as said bridge, he shouts "Ok.. STAY STILL! He's going to lose his load RIGHT under you!"  The combination of the position I was in, the manner he shouted and the words that came out of his mouth sent me into a serious laughing fit.

Today-
My girls were having a play date with a friend, one of their favorite friends "E"...

Everyone was out back running around, climbing into the tree house, playing in the cardboard box car we created and having a great time.  Enter- Mr. squirrel... today's villain; Mr. Squirrel was high in a tree above the tree house chewing on things to create his nest that we found.  No one wanted him up there because he was being a "noisy eater" and making "crazy sounds"- as I was informed.  I was asked to participate in the scaring away process where we all started hissing at the same time (M's idea).. it worked for a second- Mr. Squirrel went up a few branches higher to get further away from us.  This is when M decided to really go for it- she wanted to scare him out of his wits and get him to shoo away.  Before doing a loud screaming, clapping, stomping dance in the tree house to scare Mr. Squirrel she loudly declared...

"IM GONNA MAKE HIM DROP A NUT!!!"

That, my friends, is one reason I stay in my line of work.  The small moments of joy that come from my very innocent little friends shouting things that trigger laughter from my sick mind.  It's all just too good sometimes, I cannot help but laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment